Unit: Business Environment
This unit places the working environment in context through the understanding of four elements: the structure and function of organisations, management, marketing and external environmental influences.
1. The economy (10%)
- The British economy
- Nature of industry
- Employment patterns and population trends in the UK.
2. The organisation (15%)
- Types of business organisation
- Organisational objectives
- Growth and development and change in organisation
- PESTEL analysis.
3. Organisational management (15%)
- Management and leadership
- Groups and teams within the organisation
- Motivation and job satisfaction
- Communication in organisations
- Communication system.
4. The market environment (15%)
- Marketing management
- Elements of marketing
- The product life cycle
- Pricing strategies.
5. The competitive environment (25%)
- Market structures and behaviour
- Costs and economies of scale
- Supply, demand and pricing
- Determination of exchange rates
- Effects of government intervention and regulation.
6. The macro-economic influences on the organisation (20%)
- Circular flow of income
- The business cycle and the multiplier
- Economic growth
- Inflation and deflation
- Government economic policies and their effects.
Milton KeynesStart Date
Classes start in October and February - 3 Sats 10.00 to 15:00Price
01908 394 876
w/c 23 January 2018 : ThursdayPrice
Leeds City CollegeTelephone
0113 216 2319
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Ashford, KentStart Date
07905 611186 / 07403 287595
+356 2142 3638/9
Thursday 14 September 2017Price
Wednesday 4 October 2017Price
£430 + £29.50 registration fee
OLC Europe - Greg PatonTelephone
07835 180315/01204 525511
Monday 25 September 2017Price
0207 320 1630
Monday 11 September 2017Price
01780 722 907
Study text required £40Telephone
01780 722 909
01780 727 271
£415 + VAT plus £24.50 registrationTelephone
At your officeStart Date
01780 722 909