Unit: Strategic Planning
The unit aims to develop the ability to map the environment in which a business operates and benchmark operational performance in a way which raises strategic planning and communication skills.
- Information sources, e.g. business report, industry regulator, league table, intranet, press report, competitor data.
- PESTEL construction and analysis.
- External environmental factors including macro and micro economics, distinguishing economic features, competitive forces and common driving forces of change.
- Internal environmental factors, including resources, capabilities, competitive power, costs and prices.
- Strategic factors, including business modeling, corporate governance, functional area and operating strategies; organisational objectives and goals; vision, mission, values, service level agreements (SLA).
- Best practice frameworks using key success factors, competitor analysis, industry standards and quality benchmarks, e.g. QICM, TQM, CSE, ISO, SOX.
- Benchmarking using best practice standards to measure performance; key performance indicators, performance measurements, e.g. DSO, balanced scorecard, SLA, customer service standards, departmental targets and success criteria.
- Decision making including communication of plan via action plans and reports; outcomes of success criteria; implementation and review.
Study text and reading materials requiredTelephone
01780 722 909
01780 727 271
Milton KeynesStart Date
Next classes starting in October 2017Price
01908 394 876
At your officeStart Date
Contact for quoteTelephone
01780 722 909