Unit: Process Improvement
The unit aims to develop the ability to monitor, review and improve business processes in own area of responsibility.
- Benefits and potential difficulties associated with business process management
- Lean Six Sigma, Streamlined Process Improvement (SPI) and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Use of tools and techniques to identify areas for improvement including value stream mapping, statistical process control and the DMAIC problem solving process.
- Critical business processes and preliminary boundaries
- Creation of process improvement team and project plan including reporting
- Mapping and documenting current business processes including employee observations and process walk-through
- Cost, cycle time and output analysis
- Remove non-value-adding process steps through leaning, cleaning and greening
- Selecting best-value future-state solutions
- Validation and verification of changed process.
- In-process measurement and feedback systems
- Implementation plans including change effect measurements and continuous improvement, with consideration of the implementation, review and communication of strategy
- SWOT construction and analysis.
Where to study
Wednesday 6 September 2017Price
01780 727 271
Milton KeynesStart Date
Next classes starting in October 2017Price
01908 394 876
Study text and reading materials requiredTelephone
01780 722 909
At your officeStart Date
Contact for quoteTelephone
01780 722 909