Award: Business Environment
This award places the working environment in context through the understanding of four elements: the structure and function of organisations, management, marketing and external environmental influences.
1. The economy (10%)
- The British economy
- Nature of industry
- Employment patterns and population trends in the UK.
2. The organisation (15%)
- Types of business organisation
- Organisational objectives
- Growth and development and change in organisation
- PESTEL analysis.
3. Organisational management (15%)
- Management and leadership
- Groups and teams within the organisation
- Motivation and job satisfaction
- Communication in organisations
- Communication system.
4. The market environment (15%)
- Marketing management
- Elements of marketing
- The product life cycle
- Pricing strategies.
5. The competitive environment (25%)
- Market structures and behaviour
- Costs and economies of scale
- Supply, demand and pricing
- Determination of exchange rates
- Effects of government intervention and regulation.
6. The macro-economic influences on the organisation (20%)
- Circular flow of income
- The business cycle and the multiplier
- Economic growth
- Inflation and deflation
- Government economic policies and their effects.
Ashford / MedwayStart Date
Thursday 21 February 2019Price
+353 87 244 7052
Thursday 12 September 2019Price
Thursday 24 January 2019Price
£450 + £29.50 registration fee
OLC Europe - Greg PatonTelephone
September - December 2019 - MondayPrice
020 7133 3353 & 020 7133 1630
Next classes start September 2019Price
Study text required £40
£415 + VAT plus £24.50 registrationTelephone
At your officeStart Date